Home > FAQs > What is...?

Share |

Frequently Asked Questions About IAE

What is ...?    How do I ...?    What about FPDS-NG?

How do I...?
Apply to the 8(a) BD Program

Contact the local SBA district office serving your area.  An SBA representative can answer general questions over the telephone.  Some district offices may also have 8(a) orientation workshops to provide additional information regarding the eligibility requirements and to review various SBA forms.

Add or Change an Agency Registration Official (ARO)

The ARO is responsible for managing the FedReg registration of agency buying and selling organizations engaged in federal intragovernmental transactions.  Agencies can find their ARO on the following FedReg site:  https://www.bpn.gov/far/AroList.aspx. To add or change an ARO, agencies need to contact the IAE Program Management Office to approve the change. You need to identify the reason for the change as well as the following information for the new ARO:

    • Full name
    • Full address
    • Email address
    • Agency name
    • Office
    • Phone number
    • Fax number
    • Reason for request
Do business with the federal government?

All potential vendors must be registered in the Central Contractor Registration system (www.ccr.gov), and must provide representations and certifications via the Online Representations and Certifications Application (www.bpn.gov/orca).  They can then bid on opportunities found at FedBizOpps (www.fbo.gov).  The federal government has several resources to help you do business with us.  SBA offers assistance with selling goods and services to the government.  SBA also sponsors the Small Business Development Centers and DoD sponsors the Procurement Technical Assistance Centers.  To find the offices closest to you, visit one of the following websites:  www.ccr.gov, www.sba.gov/businessop/index.html, www.sba.gov/sbdc/, or  www.dla.mil/db/procurem.htm,  

Find government opportunities to bid on

Go to the FedBizOpps website (www.fbo.gov)
and click on “Find Opportunities.” For more information on small business opportunities, visit the Federal OSDBU Director Interagency Council (www.osdbu.gov/offices.html).

Find a CAGE Code Defense Logistics Information Service (DLIS), who administers the Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code system, has placed a CAGE code search feature on the Internet at www.dlis.dla.mil/cage.
Obtain a CAGE Code CCR is an authorized source for the assignment of CAGE Codes. CAGE Codes will be assigned automatically to vendors as their CCR registration goes through the validation process or call for assistance at 1-888-227-2423.
Get a copy of a Contract A copy of a contract can be obtained from the contracting office that awarded the contract. You must reference the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to obtain contract documents.
Find a Contract Go to the Federal Data Procurement System (FPDS) website and use the Search function.
Obtain a DUNS Number

A DUNS number is a unique 9-digit identifier issued and maintained by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) that verifies the existence of a business entity globally. D&B assigns DUNS numbers for each physical location of a business.  All government contractors globally can receive a DUNS number at no charge and, under normal circumstances, within 24-72 hours when using the D&B web form process  (http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform) or by calling D&B at 866-785-0428.

Get information on grants Go to the online Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (www.cfda.gov) to obtain information on Federal Domestic Assistance and to view active grants including Recovery Act grants, or go to Grants.gov (www.grants.gov) to view and apply for grant opportunities.
Certify that I am HUBZone To qualify for the program, a business must meet the following criteria:
  1. It must be a small business by SBA size standards;
  2. Its principal office must be located within a HUBZone, which includes lands on federally recognized Indian reservations;
  3. It must be owned and controlled by one or more U.S. citizens.
  4. At least 35% of its employees must reside in a HUBZone.
You may apply for certification on-line. For more specifics, go to the website.
Obtain an MPIN Marketing Partner ID (MPIN) is a personal code that allows you to access other government applications such as the Past Performance Information Retrieval System (PPIRS), FedTeDS, ORCA, and grants.gov.
Change my NAICS Code After you access your CCR registration, you can proceed to the NAICS page and change your NAICS code.
Find the current NAICS Codes

The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy. NAICS was developed under the auspices of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and adopted in 1997 to replace the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) system.  The NAICS manual can be found at http://www.osha.gov/oshstats.  The official NAICS website is www.census.gov/eos/www/naics.

Register in ORCA

A vendor with an active CCR record can create their ORCA record at https://orca.bpn.gov.  Government contracting officials can access ORCA and review the vendor’s information online as part of the proposal evaluation process.

Register my commercial business for federal government work Go to the Central Contract Registration (CCR) website at www.ccr.gov and click on "Start New Registration".
Report Spam Go to the Federal Trade Commission website.
Search for an RFQ or Solicitation Go to the Search page on the FBO website at www.fbo.gov.
Certify that I am SDB If your firm is a small business that is owned by a Socially and Economically Disadvantaged individual(s), you may apply for certification on-line. For more specifics, go to the website.
Find a SIC Code The U.S. Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) system is an industrial classification standard coding system. In 1998, the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) has replaced the (SIC) system.
Obtain Small Business Assistance Click on "Business Opportunities" at the Small Business Administration website.
Obtain an TPIN The Trading Partner Identification Number (TPIN) is no longer used to sign into CCR.  New users will create a user ID and password.  All existing users with a TPIN will have to convert to a user ID and password by December 21, 2009.  After that date, there will no longer be an opportunity for a user to access CCR with a TPIN.  To create a user ID and password, go to www.CCR.gov and click "Update or Renew Registration." Select the appropriate entity then click on "Continue." Enter your DUNS Number and TPIN. You will then be prompted to create a user ID and password to replace your TPIN.
Obtain Veterans Assistance

How do I get more information on Veteran’s Assistance?

Click on "Business Opportunities" at the Veterans Administration website (www.va.gov).

Back to Top


Sitemap | Privacy and Security Policy | About Us |